The further civilization steps, the more attention mankind pays to the aesthetic side of any phenomenon. These trends did not pass baking either: if it was enough for a primitive man to grind wild cereal grains, mix flour with water and bake a fresh dry flat cake on hot stones, then later people learned to bake not only flat cakes, but also cakes, rolls, cookies, pies and pies very different shapes, the most bizarre outlines.
And in order to get dough products of a beautiful and unusual shape, you do not need any supernatural efforts or expensive devices.
Sleight of hand and nothing else
When it comes to baking, here far from all products are on an equal footing. For example, the shape of the buns cannot be too varied - and it doesn’t need anything: by definition, a bun is a product from round-shaped yeast dough without a filling. True, some sources refer to buns also other products: the same buns that can have a more complex shape, for example, bows.
But if we need to make simple, ordinary buns - we, without further ado, bake them round or oval. If these are buns for hamburgers or hot dogs, you can sprinkle their surface with sesame seeds.
Other such home-baked goods can be sprinkled with:
- nuts crumbs.
You can make geometric patterns on them:
- small notches with a sharp knife (this applies to oblong buns);
- a bitmap with cloves of a fork, but immersing them very shallow;
- press the zest, candied fruit or nut into the center of the bun.
How step by step is the formation of buns from yeast dough
- Approached and cured dough is divided into portions. For this, the dough ball is divided into several parts, rolled out, and then either cut the necessary pieces, or tear off by hand.
- Having placed between the palms, they roll out the dough so that it becomes rounded.
- Sprinkle the surface after proofing.
- Grease the buns with yolk for golden brown and bake.
If you are interested in baking options with filling, then this does not apply to buns, but rather pies. But variety can also be made in buns by adding raisins steamed and rolled in flour to the dough when kneading.
In the pie, it is important not only the content, but also the form (photo)!
What kind of pies we don’t bake, what we don’t put inside ...
Cakes can be:
- with jam;
- with cottage cheese;
- with fruits and berries;
- with cabbage;
- with meat;
- with mushrooms.
But the design doesn’t really bother us - unless we try to somehow diversify the top of the pies so that we can distinguish products with different fillings, when there are several of them.
For distinction, it is possible to form a figured comb on top of them, slightly pinching the dough, you can press zest or nuts.
Meanwhile, you can form pies of another shape:
- wicker ("pigtails")
Here is the recipe for forming triangular pies step by step:
- Roll out the dough, put the filling in the middle.
- We take three edges and bring them over the filling.
- We gently crush the blind triangle to make it flat, but we do it carefully so as not to damage it.
But besides pies, there are also pies - large, beautiful, always filled.
As for the pies, they can be:
Open pies consist of two layers: the bottom is the dough, the top is the filling. In closed on top of the filling, put another layer of dough.
How to diversify the shape of large pies
Typically, dough trimmings are used to decorate such products, remaining after the cake was “tried on” under the oven, more precisely, under the baking sheet, and cut off the excess.
Cake decorating options:
- The edges of the lower layer can leave a little more baking sheet, so that after laying the filling, wrap the edge of the dough, making a beautiful side at the open pie.
- If the cake is closed - we put the top layer and pinch along with the bottom, at the same time we form a beautiful scallop along the edge or a curly ribbon, or what else the fantasy tells.
- If there are scraps, we roll them into thin sausages, which we then flatten a little. We lay out patterns from these strips of dough, as in the pictures. The simplest is the grill. This is a traditional pattern for an open jam pie.
As for the wicker cake or “pigtails”: it can only be sculpted with a sufficiently thick and not very crumbly filling. It is best to do them with chopped fruits.
We plait the pigtail pie:
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle.
- In the middle we lay out the track from the filling.
- Cut the edges obliquely, not reaching 2-2.5 cm to the filling.
- We close the filling with these oblique strips, bending them one by one.
- Top can be sprinkled with sugar, cinnamon.
Cookies: how to make at least a star, at least a crescent
But who is lucky is the liver.
The shape of the cookies can be very diverse:
There are sets of molds for making cookies on sale, so the molding of these products is quick and easy.
How to shape the liver:
- The dough sheet of the required thickness is rolled out.
- The necessary cookie cutter is taken, its edges are slightly greased with vegetable oil so that the dough does not stick: with the correct processing of the cookie cutters after extrusion, the cookie remains on the table, and the cookie cutter rises without sticking.
- As a mold, you can use glass thin-walled dishes of small diameter: a small glass, a glass, a stack.
- You can squeeze out any pattern, sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, nuts.
Two-layer cookies are very beautiful when two cookies are held together with:
- condensed milk (including boiled milk);
It should be remembered that only baked halves can be fastened.
How to Shape Liver Nuts
Separately, it is necessary to mention this type of cookie as "nuts". They are baked using a special device, which is called - hazel.
- A layer of dough is placed on the bottom surface of the hazel.
- It is covered with a second surface, pressed.
- The apparent excess of the dough must be carefully removed and stick to the rest of the dough: if this is not done, it will burn.
- The folded hazel is put on the stove, after baking on one side everything is turned over and the other is baked.
- Remove hazel from the fire, open, let cool slightly and remove the baked halves obtained.
- We bake all the dough in this way, let the “shells” cool, and then fill them with boiled condensed milk or cream.
7 Ways to Beautifully Wrap Buns (Video)
If you want to impress your guests, you can bake in the same way with a similar device fungi. After they cool, their hats are dipped in melted chocolate. The legs can be coated with sugar glaze.