Grapes "Korinka Russian" is a table variety with very early ripening. The period from the awakening of the kidneys to the complete ripening of the grape brush is from 105 to 115 days.
Grapes "Korinka Russian" belongs to the category of seedless varieties. The form is selected at the TsGL im. I.V. Michurina. The authorship belongs to I. M. Filippenko and L. T. Shtin. In the breeding of this variety, a parental pair was introduced, represented by the varieties Zarya Severa and Kishmish black. The obtained grape variety is included in the State Register for the Central Black Earth Region.
“Korinka Russkaya” is a grape characterized not only by a very early ripening period, but also by good frost resistance, as well as sufficient resistance to disease, which makes it one of the most promising. The originator of the variety is the All-Russian NIIIGiSPR named after I.V. Michurin.
Grapes "Korinka Russian": cultivation (video)
Biological Description of the Variety
Grapes "Korinka Russian" is very vigorous. The length of the shoots varies from 2.1 to 3 meters. The degree of ripening of the vine is high and ranges from 2/3 to 6/7 of the total length. Bisexual flowers. The leaves are large enough, with a slight degree of dissection and slight cobwebly pubescence.
Bunches are formed of medium size, pronounced conical shape and mid-layer structure, often winged. The average mass of the grape brush rarely exceeds 250 g. To produce a larger bunch, Gibberellin treatments are carried out. The fruiting coefficient is 0.8.
Technical characteristics of berries
Grape varieties "Korinka Russian" is characterized by relatively small berries. The standard size of the berry is 0.8 × 1 cm. The shape is round. The main color is golden yellow, characterized by the appearance of a pronounced pinkish tan on the sunny side of the berry.
The pulp of ripe grapes is fleshy and good juiciness, has a pleasant taste. Bright and pronounced grape aroma is absent. The pulp is covered with a medium-thick, but fragile skin. Seeds in berries are absent. Sugar content can vary from 20% to 22%, sometimes more. The acidity does not exceed 5 g / l. This ratio of sugar content and acid is considered one of the best.
The Korinka Russkaya grape variety has certain advantages, which are determined by the characteristics of the varieties used when crossing:
- maximum ripening of all shoots;
- the taste of ripe berries is quite simple, but optimally sweet;
- high productivity;
- good transportability of the harvested crop;
- the variety is suitable for the preparation of quality wine and is used in the manufacture of raisins;
- there is no peeling of berries;
- frost resistance exceeds -26 ° C;
- there are no seeds in the berries.
The average yield of this form of grape is about 80 kg / ha.
Landing and care features
Grapes "Korinka Russian" is not picky about the soil and does not need special care. Ideal for cultivation by beginner growers. The growing regions are diverse: the center of Russia, the southern regions of the country, the north-western regions, the Far East and Siberia.
When planting seedlings and subsequent care for grape bushes, the following recommendations should be observed:
- purchased seedlings are subject to inspection for the identification of poor-quality or shrunken root systems, damage to shoots, as well as damage to major diseases or pests;
- seedlings should be “rejuvenated” by cutting roots and shoots;
- preparation of landing pits should be carried out in advance;
- in the presence of closely located groundwater, a drainage layer should be made in the landing pit;
- when filling the pit by a third with nutrient soil, the root system should be protected from direct exposure to fertilizers by adding clean soil;
- seedlings installed in the pit should be covered with soil, which is slightly rammed and spilled abundantly, after which the soil is sprinkled to the full extent;
- immediately after planting, it is imperative to tie the vine strictly vertically to a previously installed support;
- by winter, the vine wood matures satisfactorily in open ground conditions, and despite frost resistance up to -26 ° C, it is necessary to provide shelter for the plant for the cold period;
- trimming for 6-8 kidneys is recommended.
Particular attention should be paid to the preventive treatment of grape bushes of this variety with Bordeaux liquid from oidium damage. The best option is to perform three treatments per season. It is allowed to use special fungicides in accordance with the scheme specified in the instructions.
We also suggest that you familiarize yourself with the characteristics and advantages of the “Arched” grape variety.
When grown in open ground in the Leningrad Region, the mass harvest of grapes of this variety begins in the first ten days of September. It is noted that if you leave the grape brushes on the bushes for a longer time, then the berries acquire an unusually high sugar content and a pleasant smack of honey.
According to most winegrowers who have been cultivating Korinka Russkaya for a long time in their household plots, the vine is particularly affected by disease in rainy weather, as well as in conditions of high humidity at the stage of mass ripening.
How to care for grapes (video)
Grapes of the Korinka Russkaya variety were widely used by Russian winegrowers. This hybrid form has also been successfully cultivated in Poland, Belgium and Canada. The variety is also popular in the Baltic countries, due to its unpretentiousness. Grapes "Korinka Russian" has a universal purpose, and the absence of special requirements for the care of this variety makes it popular among beginners and time-limited wine growers.