A quartz heater is a very interesting and promising novelty in the market of modern heating equipment, which can be used to give or heat a private house and apartment. Such infrared heaters have a fairly powerful and efficient heater, which is why they are very successfully used in many countries.
Quartz heaters: technical specifications and principle of operation
Heaters of this type are structurally simple:
- a panel or plate with a chromium-nickel heating element located inside, which is filled with a composition based on quartz sand;
- the heating filament snake-shaped inside the structure allows the heater to perform uniform heating over the entire surface;
- the use of quartz sand contributes not only to rapid heating, but also to the long-term retention of heat, which helps save electrical energy.
It is important to note, that a sealed and heat-resistant, fireproof dielectric is used to protect the heating element. All conductive parts of the structure are closed.
Characteristics of monolithic quartz heating devices:
- heating equipment can provide autonomous heating or work in the complement mode of other heating systems;
- the device is manufactured according to the norms established for various climatic conditions, therefore it can be used in regions with sharply continental and moderate climatic conditions;
- depending on the type of application and design features, the surface of the structure can be painted in almost any color.
Average technical specifications:
- the most common overall dimensions are 60x35x2.5 cm;
- average weight within 12.0 kg;
- average power at 500 watts;
- rated voltage is 220 W;
- maximum heating temperature - 98aboutFROM;
- heating to 95aboutC is carried out for 20 minutes;
- one battery can heat approximately 18 square meters.
The principle of operation is to modify or convert electrical energy into heat, with its subsequent accumulation.
How to choose a heater (video)
Pros and cons of infrared quartz heaters
It should be remembered that the real pros and cons of quartz heaters are one to one. The advantages of such equipment are:
- high efficiency indicators, reaching in conditions of proper operation about 99%;
- acceptable and affordable to most consumers;
- simplicity and reliability of operation, and the lack of complex maintenance;
- lack of noise during operation;
- the presence of infrared and convective components in equal proportions, which improves heating efficiency.
As a rule, demanding consumers do not always like the peculiar appearance of a design. Severe flaws can be considered a high level of fragility of the heating plate. Even the slightest mechanical impact can cause the appearance of small cracking on the surface of the equipment.
In addition, small cracks, or even chips, appear. Quartz sand negatively affects the weight, so sand batteries, quite rightly, belong to the category of heavy heating equipment. Along with foreign models, Belarusian and domestic manufacturers of such equipment have established themselves well.
Features of Tepleco quartz sand heaters
Monolithic quartz heaters from TeplEco are able to warm the room thanks to the fast and efficient heating of the spiral. Panel heating up to 95aboutC. In accordance with the technical parameters and reviews of the owners of such equipment, quartz heaters "Tepl eco" can be characterized as follows:
- energy-saving heating equipment does not dry the air, due to the lack of contact between the spiral and the air masses;
- the probability of ignition of dust accumulating on the surface of the housing is reduced to zero;
- a heater connected with or without a temperature controller consumes a minimum amount of electrical energy;
- about 0.4 kW / h is spent to heat an area of 16-18 square meters;
- an energy-saving quartz heater is completely safe, and the average service life, subject to operating rules, is a quarter of a century.
The equipment has a fairly attractive appearance and is very well suited for installation in any interior. A large weight can slightly complicate the implementation of self-assembly, which performed in accordance with the following rules:
- determine the places for installation of the device and fix it on the Penofol wall at a distance of 20-25 cm from the floor level;
- screw the brackets one at a time and install the heater;
- at a height of one and a half meters from the floor surface, install a temperature controller and connect the device to the electrical network.
Mandatory is the installation of a curtain screen. At the final stage, the heater is checked for operability.
How much does a quartz heater consume (video)
Instrument selection criteria
The entire range of household electric heaters with quartz filler is represented by two types of models:
- tube quartz heater It is distinguished by the presence of a special flask with sand, which is protected by a special metal grate. From quickly heated metal wire, quartz sand warms up, which radiates the accumulated heat and heats the room. The advantage of such models is mobility and fairly high performance. Less use is represented by the fragility of the glass bulb, and the lack of the ability to replace heating elements;
- monolithic quartz heaters There are no drawbacks of lamp equipment, since the heating elements are placed inside the slab, the main component of which is compressed quartz sand. This option completely limits the contact of the heating element with the environment.
The standard power level of quartz panels is 0.5 kW. The high price of such a unit can be compensated not only by the convenience and duration of operation, but also by high indicators of efficiency.
Despite a significant number of advantages that combine both types of devices, each of them is able to heat the room air in its own way. Therefore, you need to choose such equipment not only based on individual preferences, but also following parameters:
- dimensions of the heated room;
- temperature indicators of air;
- the presence or absence of sufficient thermal insulation.
The infrared version of the device will be useful in rooms with a lack of normal thermal insulation. If necessary, perform heating the room with minimal heat loss, it is best to purchase high-quality monolithic appliances. After determining the operating conditions, you need to compare the main characteristics of the units.
The cost of high-quality devices cannot be too low:
- the average price of models with a power of 0.4 kW from Texture, for heating rooms with an area of 10 square meters, is 2350 - 5500 rubles;
- the average price of models with a power of 0.45-0.50 kW from TeploPlit, for heating rooms with an area of 12 square meters, is 2550-3100 rubles;
- the average price of models with a power of 0.4 kW from TeplEco for heating rooms with an area of 8-10 square meters is 2350-2750 rubles.
To reduce the negative effects of infrared radiation, it is advisable to direct the waves of the device to interior items or surfaces. Direct exposure to radiation from a device should not exceed a quarter of an hour.
How to install a quartz heater (video)
It should be noted that the main properties of quartz sand have similar characteristics with oil parameters. In the process, such a modern material not only heats the entire volume of air in the room, but also acts as a high-quality accumulative thermal battery, which allows the equipment to give off heat even after a shutdown for an hour and a half.